This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Logan weather warning app on the radar
Logan residents can now receive alerts about extreme weather events directly to their smartphone, tablet or mobile device.
Published: 27 Jan 2017 11:11am
Weather warnings for City of Logan as at 5pm Sunday 19 June
Logan City Council's Disaster Management unit continues to monitor the wet weather situation as heavy rainfall comes down the Queensland coast. A severe storm w...
Published: 19 Jun 2016 5:01pm
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|20 Feb 2017 22:56pm||Severe Weather Warning 1 (QLD)|
|20 Feb 2017 22:00pm||Marine Wind Warning Summary for Queensland|
|20 Feb 2017 21:18pm||Forecast Track Map (QLD) for TC Alfred|
|20 Feb 2017 20:26pm||NT Tropical Cyclone Advice affecting Qld border area for TC Alfred|
|20 Feb 2017 11:53am||Flood Watch for Queensland|
|20 Feb 2017 10:03am||Minor Flood Warning for Eyre Creek|
|20 Feb 2017 10:03am||Flood Warning Summary for Queensland|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- @aeialy our consultants will be able to complete a balance transfer and apply for tertiary concession fares on your card. Thanks!-L 2/23 hour(s) ago
- @aeialy Hi, that's correct, as you're starting at uni, purchase an adult card and then give us a call on 13 12 30 and one of 1/23 hour(s) ago
- @treffynnon Thanks for clarifying, I've sent feedback to the relevant depot for their attention with ref number #1434426. Thanks-L3 hour(s) ago
- @yeahbutnaahh Investigations can take up to 10 working days but you can check up on it any time by quoting your reference number -J4 hour(s) ago
- @yeahbutnaahh Thanks for that, I've sent feedback about this to the relevant depot for their attention with ref number #1434403. Thanks-L5 hour(s) ago
- @yeahbutnaahh Hi, I'm sorry to hear of this. Could you tell me the bus you were waiting for, the stop and time it was due? Thanks -L6 hour(s) ago
- @aslinncosplay Thanks for clarifying, I've passed on a modification request to the relevant department with ref number #1434378. Thanks -L6 hour(s) ago
- @treffynnon Hi, my apologies for any inconvenience. Could you tell me which bus you were hailing, the stop and time you were waiting? -L6 hour(s) ago
- @gctee Thanks for clarifying - I'm preparing a new stop request now. Could you tell me which road you'd like to be picked up from? -L6 hour(s) ago
- @r3mzzz Hi, this is concerning. To look into this further can you please call 13 12 30? A consultant will be able to help you further. -L6 hour(s) ago
- @aslinncosplay Good afternoon. I apologise for the inconvenience. Can you advise the location you'd like to see this happen? -J7 hour(s) ago
- Detectives investigating the alleged sexual assault of a woman at Fortitude Valley on February 7 have charged a 30-year-old Woodridge man.1h
- Two years on from Tropical Cyclone Marcia's impact on Central Queensland, we take a look back at the amazing work by our crews to get the power back on.7 hour(s) ago
- Calvary Christian College have successfully implemented a vegetable garden and worm composting farm through the help of EnviroGrants.
This project has enabled the school to educate students on the importance (and fun!) of reducing food wastage.
Apply now for the 2017 round of funding to achieve your environmental goals by visiting: www.logan.qld.gov.au/envirogrants #CityofLogan9 hour(s) ago
- BUILYAN (south-west of Gladstone) – vegetation fire as at 11.45am Mon 20 Feb
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) will continue to monitor a large vegetation fire burning near the southern end of Gladstone Monto Road in the Builyan and Many Peaks areas of Boyne Valley (south-west of Gladstone).
This fire broke out around 2pm on Wednesday February 15, and is burning within containment lines.
There is no threat to homes at this time.
Due to the dry weather conditions, the fire is likely to continue to burn for a number of days. Residents in the area may be affected by smoke as a result of the fire.
Those affected should close windows and doors, and if suffering from a respiratory condition, keep medications close by.
Smoke can decrease visibility, so motorists should drive with caution and to conditions if travelling in the area. If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.12 hour(s) ago