This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Flood assistance grants deadline extended
Logan City Council would like to inform eligible businesses affected by ex-Tropical Cyclone Debbie that they now have until 12 January 2018 to apply for grants ...
Published: 29 Sep 2017 4:56pm
Emergency crews containing spill
Emergency crews are cleaning up after a tanker containing hydrochloric acid caught fire at Loganholme
Published: 04 Aug 2017 5:32pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- Can you help us find this boy missing from Elliot Heads? More: https://mypolice.qld.gov.au/bundaberg/2017/12/11/missing-boy-elliot-heads/10 minute(s) ago
- Over the next few weeks, we’ll be showcasing the handiwork of some of the state’s most enthusiastic Christmas home decorators. Kicking off the festive festoonery is the Governor of Queensland. With more than 1750 metres of lights and 12,000 bulbs Governor de Jersey’s residence, Fernberg is open to the public between 7-8pm until December 17th. If you have a pic of your favourite exterior home Christmas decorations, send it to email@example.com hour(s) ago
- Over the next few weeks, we’ll be showcasing the handiwork of some of the state’s most enthusiastic Christmas home decorators. Kicking off the festive festoonery is the Governor of Queensland. With more than 1750 metres of lights and 12,000 bulbs Governor de Jersey’s residence, Fernberg is open to the public until December 17th. If you have a pic of your favourite exterior home Christmas decorations, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org hour(s) ago
- Sunshine Coast line customers, please be aware that buses will continue to replace trains between Caboolture and Gympie North stations tomorrow (Monday, 11 December), after severe storms on the weekend caused significant damage to the line.
More than 20 trees have fallen into the rail corridor, resulting in a large amount of debris and more than four kilometres of damage to the overhead power lines.
Our crews have been working around the clock to clear debris, inspect the damage and make repairs, however the significant amount of damage means the line will remain closed throughout Monday and possibly also part of Tuesday, depending on the progress of the repairs.
We will continue to provide updates on the progress of the repair works and timeframes for the re-opening of the line.
Please allow extra travel time for your journey and visit www.translink.com.au or call 13 12 30 for the latest service information. Thank you for your understanding and patience while we work to restore the line.21 hour(s) ago
- 17:06 Dec 09 QLD Severe Thunderstorm Warning: Large Hail, Damaging Winds. Ipswich, Cleveland, Brisbane
Southeast QLD Severe Thunderstorm Warning: Large Hail, Damaging Winds
For people in Ipswich, Logan, Redland City, Brisbane City and parts of Somerset, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Gold Coast and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 5:04 pm Saturday, 9 December 2017.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:00 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Logan City.
These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast.
They are forecast to affect Ipswich and Cleveland by 5:30 pm and Brisbane CBD and Mud Island by 6:00 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
Alert Source: Bureau of Meteorology
Early Warning Network: http://www.ewn.com.au
Council Resident Options & EWN Support: http://www.ewn.com.au/support/2 day(s) ago