This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Logan welcomes State flood help
Logan City Council has welcomed the extension of Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangement (NDRRA) to the Logan region.
Published: 23 May 2017 4:45pm
4pm Wednesday 5 April - Flood recovery update
The Governor of Queensland, Paul de Jersey, and the State Recovery Coordinator, Brigadier Christopher Field, today inspected flood affected areas throughout the...
Published: 05 Apr 2017 3:45pm
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- @stevedeno "Logan Road near Garden City shopping centre." 5/5 -J3 hour(s) ago
- @stevedeno "area in attempting to complete that service. An incident had occurred earlier in the afternoon in the vicinity of" 4/5 -J3 hour(s) ago
- @stevedeno "scheduled for 16:35 departure was held up on a previous service, experiencing significant congestion in the Logan Road " 3/5 -J3 hour(s) ago
- @stevedeno Transport for Brisbane has responded to your previous feedback as follows "Ticketing data confirmed that the P208 service" 2/5 -J3 hour(s) ago
- @stevedeno Hi Steven. We have not been informed of a delay with the P208 this afternoon. Could you verify the stop and time it is due? 1/5 J3 hour(s) ago
- The missing 16-year-old boy from Ipswich has been located safe and well. Thanks to all who assisted.2 hour(s) ago
- SCHOOLS OUT: The winter school holidays have begun!
Time to pack the car up, get the family together and see what Queensland has to offer. You can go hiking outdoors or toast marshmallows around a campfire – the choices are endless!
But wait, did you know firefighters responded to more than 700 road crashes in Qld during the winter school holidays last year?
Stay safe on the roads and drive to the conditions. The most important part of any holiday is getting their safely, not quickly, and you never want to meet one of our firies with the lights and sirens on.
When you make it to your destination, teach your kids about campfire safety and if you do decide to go hiking, always follow the designated trail and have the correct equipment. It might just save your life!6 hour(s) ago
- FREE children’s self-defence class on TONIGHT from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at St Clare’s Catholic School in the undercover area. An initiative of Safe City Logan. For more information please contact David King 0410 645 552. See you there!10 hour(s) ago