This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
Call for patience during clean up
Logan City Council is still working to clear debris created by February 11’s storm and has asked for the public to be patient given the extensive task.
Published: 23 Feb 2018 2:49pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|25 May 2018 15:50pm||Marine Wind Warning Summary for Queensland|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- 52-year-old Ibrahim Sengoz is missing in the North Brisbane area. Please contact police if you see him.37 minute(s) ago
- Thanks to everyone who came to our #fatalityfreefriday event at Browns Plains today.
We’re supporting the Australian Road Safety Foundation pledge for people to #chooseroadsafety and had a display of empty shoes to represent the people who have lost their lives on our city’s roads in recent years.
Our event was part of SafeRoads4Logan, a Council-led program working in partnership with Queensland Police Service, the Department of Transport and Main Roads (Queensland), RACQ, Queensland Health and road users to reduce road trauma.3 hour(s) ago
- SMOKE ALERT: Planning on being in the Mount Gravatt and Nathan area this weekend (26-27 May). You might spot some smoke due to a planned burn near the Griffith University Nathan Campus this Saturday and Sunday. If you live nearby, shut windows and doors and keep medications close by if suffering a respiratory condition. Smoke can reduce visibility on the roads, so motorists should drive with caution and to conditions. Tag a mate to help us spread the word.3 hour(s) ago
- After 35 years in the heart of Queen St Mall, one of our busiest go card retailers, Rankin’s on the Mall, will be closing its doors on Tuesday 29 May.
If you usually top up at Rankins, don’t worry, there are still plenty of places to top up your go card in the city.
To find your nearest go card retailer, or register your go card and set up an auto top-up, visit the TransLink website: https://goo.gl/GRwDCh3 hour(s) ago
- We're extremely proud to have been associated with the volunteer program for Beef Australia 2018 and add our thanks to those who contributed to the success of this iconic Rockhampton event. We were pleased to catch up with so many of you at the function this week - appropriately Volunteer Week - to personally extend our thanks.3 hour(s) ago
- During natural disasters and other severe weather events our crews rely on the tremendous work of SES volunteers to gain access to areas cut off my debris and other hazards.
To say thanks today our Area Manager for the Sunshine Coast Peter Lougheed joined Emergency Services Minister Craig Crawford to present more than $20,000 worth of new equipment to the local volunteers.
Thanks Sunny Coast SES Groups and happy National Volunteer Week! #NVW2018 Craig Crawford5 hour(s) ago
- Pineapple lovers 🍍, it’s only one more sleep until Queensland’s Festival of the Year, the Big Pineapple Music Festival!
If you’re using public transport to attend the event, catch the train to Nambour station and transfer onto a free connecting shuttle bus provided by festival organisers.
Make sure to head to translink.com.au to check your travel times, and your last connecting services home: https://bit.ly/2s4yCps
Don’t forget that we’ll also be online tomorrow while you lap up the sweet sounds of Violent Soho, Dune Rats and more, so send us a message if you need help planning your journey (or if you just want to brag about how much fun you’re having!) 🎶🎉✨5 hour(s) ago