This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
Call for patience during clean up
Logan City Council is still working to clear debris created by February 11’s storm and has asked for the public to be patient given the extensive task.
Published: 23 Feb 2018 2:49pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|24 Jun 2018 22:00pm||Marine Wind Warning Summary for Queensland|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- Queensland Police are introducing a new crime class..."Penalty Try" 🙄🙄🙄55 minute(s) ago
- YABULU (north of Townsville) – vegetation fire as at 2.50pm Sun 24 Jun
Multiple Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews are on scene at a vegetation fire burning near Saunders Beach Road and the Bruce Highway, Yabulu.
The fire, which broke out earlier this afternoon, is posing no threat to property at this time. Firefighters are working to contain the fire.
Smoke may affect the Bruce Highway, Saunders Beach Road and nearby residents. Smoke can decrease visibility, so those travelling in the area should drive with caution and to conditions.
Residents should close windows and doors to prevent smoke entering the home, and keep medications close by if suffering from a respiratory condition. Residents should call Triple Zero (000) immediately if they feel their property is under threat.8 hour(s) ago
- Calling all GRADUATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS. Applications are now open for our February 2019 intake. Graduates get to work in areas like network performance, cyber security, demand management, renewable energy and telecommunications. Our industry is rapidly changing and evolving and an incredible environment to start your electrical engineering career in. http://bit.ly/2KczYWj2 day(s) ago
- Calling all GRADUATE ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS. Applications are now open for our February 2019 intake. Graduates get to work in areas like network performance, cyber security, demand management, renewable energy and telecommunications. Our industry is rapidly changing and evolving and an incredible environment to start your electrical engineering career in. https://bddy.me/2IhpNxR2 day(s) ago
- Good news bookworms… Lifeline Bookfest kicks off at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre tomorrow morning! Do you know that if you laid out the books sold at Bookfest, they would span approximately the same distance as our Shorncliffe line? Access to the event is only a short walk from South Brisbane station. Please note due to important track work this weekend, buses will replace trains between Park Road and Varsity Lakes stations. For further information and to plan ahead please visit: https://bit.ly/2sVDXA12 day(s) ago
- A great article in the Albert & Logan News about our Picture This photography contest.
The submissions received so far has been astounding, and we look forward to seeing more stunning photos of our City.
If you have come across something beautiful, make sure you take a photo and enter into the Picture This photography content for a chance to WIN $5,000 worth of Loganholme Camera House camera gear.
Entries are open until July 31.
For more information, head to https://www.picturethislogan.com.au/2 day(s) ago