This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Logan safe as houses with these heroes
A couple who helps migrants and refugees resettle, a campaign against domestic violence and a youth participation program have been recognised for their roles i...
Published: 21 Nov 2018 2:42pm
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|10 Dec 2018 04:58am||Severe Weather Warning for parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts.|
|10 Dec 2018 04:45am||Marine Wind Warning Summary for Queensland|
|09 Dec 2018 23:24pm||Flood Warning Summary for Queensland|
|09 Dec 2018 23:23pm||Initial Moderate Flood Warning for the Mulgrave River|
|09 Dec 2018 11:35am||Flood Watch for coastal catchments between Cairns and Rollingstone|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- Ipswich detectives have charged a 31-year-old Rosewood man with weapon and drug offences after a man was allegedly shot in the leg at a Rosewood property this afternoon. Charges incl acts intended to cause GBH and dangerous conduct with a weapon.10 hour(s) ago
- A Sunday afternoon spent on the grass at Southbank with free live music = Queensland at its best! Sunday Social on the Green is on every Sunday, with live music from 2pm-5pm. Pack a picnic and catch the train to South Bank station, kick back and enjoy the silly season!21 hour(s) ago
- There have been so many storms and bushfire related outages day and night for the past few weeks that neither our crews nor their mates at Ergon Energy have had time to stop and smell the roses. This rainbow on the other hand - nothing more to say.1d
- There have been so many storms and bushfire related outages day and night for the past few weeks that neither our crews nor their mates at Energex have had time to stop and smell the roses. This rainbow on the other hand - nothing more to say.1d
- Some of the fires may be out but our job is far from done. Volunteer Community Educators have been hitting the road to check up on residents affected by fires in central Queensland.2 day(s) ago
- Six charities today benefited from The City of Logan Christmas Lunch at the Logan Metro Sports and Events Centre.
The annual yuletide charity fundraiser featured Santa, soccer stars and more than 500 local community members - all in the name of a merry good cause.
City of Logan Acting Mayor Cherie Dalley (below) said the lunch was not just about giving to charity but also about celebrating the extraordinary organisations and individuals in Logan. goo.gl/XWusFG3 day(s) ago