This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Logan safe as houses with these heroes
A couple who helps migrants and refugees resettle, a campaign against domestic violence and a youth participation program have been recognised for their roles i...
Published: 21 Nov 2018 2:42pm
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- A 17-year-old boy has died following a traffic incident in Annerley yesterday evening.4 hour(s) ago
- So proud of our mates at Energex who are getting behind Hummingbird House. It’s Qld’s only hospice for kids facing end-of-life care, and does some really special work with families from right across the state at one of the hardest times imaginable.13 hour(s) ago
- Do you own an investment property with a pool? 🏠
To be legally covered when it comes to your tenant’s safety, you’ll need a Pool Safety Certificate. 📝✅
For advice on Pool Safety Certificates and other helpful pool safety guidance visit the QBCC website on https://goo.gl/2EzTRH or call 139 333.
And remember…preventive measures such as a pool safety certificate and supervision work hand-in-hand to save lives.
#PoolSafetyQLD15 hour(s) ago
- No one should ever have to face the heartbreak that their child has a life-limiting condition, but that’s the reality which Hummingbird House helps Queensland families navigate with grace and love. Last year, our own Lachlan Thomas (main photo) and Tash Haworth drove Energex big rigs as part of the Convoy for Kids in SEQ, raising funds for Queensland’s only children’s hospice.
Hummingbird House provides short breaks and end-of-life care for kids with life-limiting conditions and their families from across the state, giving them the precious opportunity to make memories to last a lifetime. Lachlan and Tash’s own fundraising was boosted by $4500 in Energex donations, so it was pretty special for Lachlan and area manager Chris Graham to get a behind-the-scenes tour of Hummingbird House in Brisbane by its powerhouse general manager Fiona Hawthorne.
Big thanks to Fiona and the Hummingbird House team for the insight into the incredible work they do supporting families through the hardest of journeys.
Here’s more on Hummingbird House and the 2018 Convoy for Kids from an earlier post: https://bit.ly/2SUOUwC15 hour(s) ago
- 🔥SMOKE ALERT 🔥
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) will conduct a planned burn within the Binna Burra section of Lamington National Park near Beechmont today (16/1). Smoke may be seen in the Binna Burra, Beachmont and Numinbah Valley areas. Residents should close windows and doors, and keep respiratory medications close by. Motorists should drive with caution and to conditions.19 hour(s) ago
- What an absolute stunner 😍 Thank you for sharing this photo 📸 @dz_au. If you capture any great photos of our network while you’re out and about, please remember to send them through!22 hour(s) ago