This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
Call for patience during clean up
Logan City Council is still working to clear debris created by February 11’s storm and has asked for the public to be patient given the extensive task.
Published: 23 Feb 2018 2:49pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|18 Nov 2018 23:05pm||Cancellation Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- Police have charged a woman after she allegedly robbed a Lawnton takeaway business tonight.2 hour(s) ago
- SMOKE ALERT: Hey Cairns residents. We’re hearing reports of a bit of smoke in the region. It’s coming from a blaze burning in an inaccessible area near Mount Whitfield. There’s no threat to property at this time and we’re monitoring the fire with the help of our partner agencies. Residents may want to consider closing windows and doors, while those suffering a respiratory condition should keep their medications close by. If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.9 hour(s) ago
- Interesting fact: Last night's storm packed more than 121,000 lightning strikes in SEQ!
Since then our crews have been working in shifts restoring power to nearly 25,000 customers and will keep toiling through the night until the final 250 homes and businesses are returned to the grid.10 hour(s) ago
- Our crews have worked throughout the night to restore power to customers affected by severe storms which swept across areas stretching from the Fraser Coast to the Western Downs late yesterday. Damage at Kilcoy (pictured) was significant.
While the vast majority of customers in most areas have been restored, some still remain without power. We have choppers out today searching for damage to the network and hope to have the bulk of the remaining outages restored incrementally throughout the day.
We’d like to thank our customers for their patience as we work to restore power as quickly and as safely as we can. If you see any fallen power lines, please stay well clear of them and contact 13 16 70 or triple zero.15 hour(s) ago
- 🎅🏼🎄🎁 IT'S COMPETITION TIME for the City of Logan Christmas Carols! 🎅🏼🎄🎁
Are you like Buddy the Elf 🙋🏼♂️🎅🏼 or do you have a little Grinch inside🙅🏼♂️🎄?
Either way, you could WIN 1 of 3 x $100 Event Cinema gift cards for you and your family to see THE GRINCH this Christmas.
All you need to do is:
1. Tell us how excited you are about Christmas using only a GIF
2. TAG who you would bring to the Christmas Carols on Sat 15 Dec.
Enter as many times as you like. The more times you enter, the more chances you have of winning.
Gotta click "GOING" on the event page https://goo.gl/yCWnw5.
Winners will be selected by random. Comp ends Wed 12 Dec. T&Cs https://goo.gl/6zyWnA
(**squeal with excitement now) 😲😲2 day(s) ago
- If you’re travelling to the Gold Coast for Schoolies, be sure to cross at signalled pedestrian crossings wherever possible. And at all G:link tracks, make sure you look both ways before you start to cross.2 day(s) ago
- Congratulations to all our bright young Queenslanders graduating high school this week! If you're heading to Schoolies on the Gold Coast this weekend, check out how easy it is to head from Brisbane straight to the heart of Schoolies celebrations in Surfers Paradise via the train and G:link. For more information for Schoolies transport, head to: https://bit.ly/2qMZ0D7. We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Schoolies 2018!3 day(s) ago