This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Logan safe as houses with these heroes
A couple who helps migrants and refugees resettle, a campaign against domestic violence and a youth participation program have been recognised for their roles i...
Published: 21 Nov 2018 2:42pm
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|19 Feb 2019 19:29pm||Cancellation Severe Thunderstorm Warning for North Tropical Coast and Tablelands Forecast District.|
|19 Feb 2019 19:04pm||Forecast Track Map (QLD) for Severe TC Oma|
|19 Feb 2019 17:00pm||Severe Weather Warning for parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.|
|19 Feb 2019 15:55pm||Fire Weather Warning for Central Highlands and Coalfields and Maranoa and Warrego forecast districts|
|19 Feb 2019 15:30pm||Hazardous Surf Warning for Queensland|
|19 Feb 2019 11:38am||Flood Warning Summary for Queensland|
|19 Feb 2019 11:32am||Moderate Flood Warning for Eyre Creek|
|19 Feb 2019 10:39am||Minor Flood Warning for Cooper Creek and the lower Thomson River|
|19 Feb 2019 09:31am||Moderate Flood Warning for the lower Diamantina River|
|19 Feb 2019 08:11am||Major Flood Warning for the lower Flinders River and Moderate Flood Warning for the Norman River|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- Nathan has been reported missing from Pialba and may be travelling in his XR6 sedan, with Queensland registration 666YNL. If you see Nathan or his car please let us know.1h
- Do you have a fantastic idea that can build a stronger, more connected community within the City of Logan? 💡
The 2019 Community Project Grants are now open!
You could be eligible to secure up to $8,000 to get your project off the ground.
Come down and discuss your ideas with a Council Officer at one of our FREE grant workshops:
💡 Monday 4 March at Jimboomba Community Centre 2pm - 3pm
Register to attend: https://goo.gl/nkSFZV
💡Thursday 7 March at Logan North Library 6.30pm - 7.30pm in the Community Workspace. Register to attend: https://goo.gl/SkQgEb
Want to know more? Head to https://goo.gl/go9Kzc4 hour(s) ago
- STAY INFORMED: Wallangarra/Eukey (near Qld and NSW border) bushfire as at 5.50pm Tues 19 Feb
Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a bushfire in Wallangarra and Eukey.
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes.
Currently as at 5.50pm Tuesday 19 February, a bushfire is burning within containment lines in the Girraween National Park, south of Pyramids Road.
QFES and Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) crews will remain on scene to monitor the fire overnight. People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and to conditions as traffic restrictions may be in place in the area.
Queensland residents are advised to follow warnings issued by QFES. New South Wales residents are asked to refer to the warnings being issued by the New South Wales Rural Fire Service regarding any relevant evacuation arrangements. Visit https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/ for more information.
Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandRescueService) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at http://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided when the situation changes.5 hour(s) ago
- Our Cairns crews are responding to a number of storm-related outages. They need to assess damage to the network before they can do emergency repairs and safely restore power. Stay well clear of fallen powerlines, warn others in the area and report the life-threatening hazard to emergency services on 000 or call us on 13 16 70. Thanks for your patience and check Outage Finder for updates: http://bit.ly/2XjS7Zg6 hour(s) ago
- Ready for a month of laughs? The Brisbane Comedy Festival is hitting venues across Brisvegas from this Friday night 22 February. Check now how TransLink can get you there http://bit.ly/2VVi0h9
If you're travelling by Brisbane's Airtrain, check out their exclusive Brisbane Comedy Festival offer below. #Brisbanecomedyfest10 hour(s) ago
- Raise your hand if you have been personally victimized by Married at First Sight conversations in the Quiet Carriage 🙋♀️ Please remember to keep the volume down in our Quiet Carriages and your #MAFS recaps are best saved for our regular carriages. #TrainEtiquetteTuesday14 hour(s) ago
- The catastrophic flooding in Qld's North West and Gulf regions continues to blanket huge areas. These photos taken a week apart during aerial patrols by our mates at Ergon Energy illustrate how little the water has dropped. Yes - that's an upright power pole peeking above the vast inland sea overflowing from the Flinders River between Normanton and Julia Creek. The unprecedented flooding has been clocked at up to 80km across and hundreds of kilometres from headwaters to the Gulf seas, causing destruction and immeasurable heartbreak on the heels of seven years of grinding drought.5 day(s) ago