This website provides useful information in preparation for and during a disaster event within the City of Logan.
Latest news published by Logan City Council
Logan safe as houses with these heroes
A couple who helps migrants and refugees resettle, a campaign against domestic violence and a youth participation program have been recognised for their roles i...
Published: 21 Nov 2018 2:42pm
Worst of tropical low to bypass Logan
Logan City Council has today received advice by BOM that a tropical low expected to cross the Queensland coast over the next few days will not impact Logan.
Published: 13 Mar 2018 12:57pm
View flood watch and road traffic cameras
Location: Schmidt’s Creek, Schmidt’s Road, Logan Reserve
Latest weather warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology
|12 Dec 2018 15:50pm||Minor Flood Warning for the Murray River|
|12 Dec 2018 15:50pm||Marine Wind Warning Summary for Queensland|
|12 Dec 2018 15:12pm||Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Maranoa and Warrego and parts of Channel Country and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.|
|12 Dec 2018 14:58pm||Forecast Track Map (QLD) for TC Owen|
|12 Dec 2018 14:47pm||NT Tropical Cyclone Advice affecting Qld border area for TC Owen|
|12 Dec 2018 13:04pm||Flood Warning Summary for Queensland|
|12 Dec 2018 13:03pm||Flood Watch for the Gulf of Carpentaria, south Cape York Peninsula and North Tropical Coast catchments|
Warnings and alerts from official social media accounts
- On Wednesdays we wear blue 👮♀️👮♀️👮♀️15 minute(s) ago
- With high winds and heavy rain expected our way over the next few days now's time to get prepared, store loose outdoor objects safely away (especially Christmas decorations), stay out of floodwaters and take care and stay line aware https://bit.ly/2ciFWD8. Queensland Fire and Emergency Services - QFES2 hour(s) ago
- STAY INFORMED: North Stradbroke Island bushfire as at 1pm Wed 12 Dec
Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a bushfire on the southern end of North Stradbroke Island.
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes.
Currently as at 1pm Wednesday 12 December, a bushfire is burning within containment lines. Crews will remain on the ground today, and waterbombing aircraft will be working in the area.
Smoke may continue to affect North Stradbroke Island, Southern Moreton Bay Islands (SMBI), Russell Island, and the southern areas of the Redlands coast. Residents, especially the elderly and those with respiratory illness, should stay alert and take precautions as there is a large amount of smoke in the area.
Properties are not under direct threat at this time. Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandRescueService) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/offline and your local commercial radio station at http://www.commercialradio.com.au/find-a-station/queensland;
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/BushFire_Safety
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided when the situation changes.3 hour(s) ago
- 🎅 Only five more sleeps to go until the Santa Express travels to a station near you! 🚆
From next Monday (17 December), big kids and little kids can join Santa and Mrs Claus on the Santa Express for the cost of a normal fare, to sing Christmas carols, have their photo taken and score a free candy cane. 🎁🎄
To find out where the Santa Express will travel, click here: https://bit.ly/2Ga7sHb3 hour(s) ago
- We are ready to support our customers and communities in the path of Tropical Cyclone Owen. Listen to weather warnings and follow the advice of emergency services. Severe weather creates many hazards, including fallen powerlines. Please take care and stay line aware: http://bit.ly/2Bl5JJF
Kowanyama Aboriginal Shire Council ABC Far North4 hour(s) ago
- 🎅 Travelling by train over the Christmas break? 🎅
From 22 December until 29 December, buses will replace trains from Roma Street to Darra station due to vital signal replacement works. Buses will also replace trains on 25, 26, and 29 December from Bowen Hills/Albion to Park Road and Darra.
Railbus timetables will be released closer to Christmas. To see how your travel may be affected, visit http://bit.ly/2G7albB and select your date of travel.8 hour(s) ago