Park closures after last week's heavy rain
A number of parks and park infrastructure will remain closed this weekend following last Friday's storms.
Council advises those planning to celebrate Mother's Day in a local park this Sunday to check its availability.
Here is a list of the affected areas:
- toilets and barbecues at Loganlea Picnic Grounds
- skate park in Wearing Park
- playgrounds in Jimboomba Park
- pedestrian bridge in Freshwater Park
- dog off-leash areas in Federation Drive Reserve, Noyer Park
- back areas of Riverdale Park
- area next to Spring Mountain Reserve lookout.
Council clean-up works this week have focused on Logan's busiest parks to ensure they would be ready for this weekend.
Works will also continue on the affected sites listed above to attempt to make them available for public use and Council will provide updates.