Stay up-to-date by viewing the latest tweets and posts from official emergency response agencies.
- A man has been charged over the alleged discovery of drugs and hydroponic equipment at an Innisfail residence.6 minute(s) ago
- 🚆 With the Mount Isa rail line re-opening Monday 29 April, the first test train successfully travelled the newly re-constructed line between Cloncurry and Townsville this week 🚆
Following unprecedented monsoonal flooding, more than 200 sites across 300-kilometres of track required repair, including 38 bridge abutments, the replacement of 47-kilometres of rail and 120,000 tonnes of ballast.
In addition to repair works, extensive maintenance and remediation across the entire corridor has enabled freight run times between Mount Isa and Townsville to reduce by 50 minutes when the line reopens.1h
- Heading to any far northern beaches or outer islands? Please be aware of aluminium phosphide canisters which have recently washed up at Turtle Head Island. These cannisters can be toxic, flammable and extremely dangerous. if you see one, don’t touch it, call Triple Zero (000).3 hour(s) ago
- Being ready for emergencies isn't just a summer/cyclone season job - we're proud to play our part in keeping our communities safe and building resilience year-round. If you're around Mackay, get down to Harrup Park this Sunday and catch up with the local Ergon team as well as marine rescue, SES, Qld Mines Rescue, police, rural firies and CQ Rescue: it's fun, and it's potentially lifesaving. Similar events are coming up in the north, CQ, Darling Downs and SEQ in coming months - we'll let you know what's on when :-)9 hour(s) ago
- Today, in the spirit of those who landed at Gallipoli 104 years ago, we salute the legacy of all who have served our country, those who continue to do so, those who wait for them, and those left behind. Wherever you are in Qld, you can mark ANZAC Day – here’s what’s on in your area: https://rslqld.org/whats-on/anzac-day. Lest we forget.2 day(s) ago
- 📖 Help us shape the future of learning in our Libraries
With over 1.6 million visitors each year, Libraries are an important part of the Logan community... and we want to keep it that way!
Whether you're a regular or casual visitor, we want to know how our libraries can continue to meet your needs into the future! Visit 📣 https://bit.ly/2uLjWwe 📣 and tell us what you think about the proposed Libraries Learning and Discovery Plan
Feedback closes 11.45pm Sunday, 19 May 2019
#HaveYourSay #CityOfLogan2 day(s) ago