Stay up-to-date by viewing the latest tweets and posts from official emergency response agencies.
- Detectives investigating the armed robbery of a pharmacy in Caloundra yesterday afternoon, have charged a man.1h
- KANIMBLA (west of Cairns) - rubbish and vegetation fire as at 6.50pm Fri 19 Oct
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) crews are on scene at a rubbish and vegetation fire burning in a quarry near Ramsey Drive and Macfarlane Drive at Kanimbla, west of Cairns. This fire broke out about 6pm today and is posing no threat to property at this time. Smoke may affect the area overnight. Residents should close windows and doors and keep their medications close by if they suffer from a respiratory condition. Residents should call Triple Zero (000) immediately if they believe their property is under threat.9 hour(s) ago
- City of Logan is excited to be participating in the Garage Sale Trail this weekend, Oct 20-21! We are accepting donations at Logan Recycling Market, as we do year round. 👍
You can also sell your trash (treasure to others) by registering a garage sale based at your own home at www.garagesaletrail.com.au/councils/Logan
Please note Logan Recycling Market is not a venue for garage sales hosted by individuals.
We look forward to seeing you over the weekend!
#CityofLogan #LoganRecyclingMarket #GarageSaleTrail11 hour(s) ago
- Ipswich / Rosewood & Springfield lines: Customers please be advised that track work will be taking place this Saturday and Sunday, with buses replacing trains from Sherwood to Rosewood and Springfield Central stations as we carry out planned maintenance works. We thank our customers in advance for their understanding while we undertake this important work, which will include: overhead line, signalling, station, track and bridge maintenance. For further information please visit: https://bit.ly/2QJoso415 hour(s) ago
- Due to recent 🌩️ extreme weather 🌩️, night-time maintenance work at some G:link stations has been extended.
To find out if your station is affected, visit goo.gl/raUTGa21 hour(s) ago
- The country around Winton is mostly seen in hues of red or brown, with the odd good-season splash of green thrown in. But the pinks, blues and violets that sunset throws from the red-brick outcrops that shine in this week’s employee photo. “It’s easy to see why the area’s become such a drawcard for filmmakers – it’s incredibly photogenic. In the past decade or so, it’s featured in The Proposition, Mystery Road and Goldstone, and the Vision Splendid film festival has gone from strength to strength. It’s a remarkable landscape, and it’s great to see it being known for more than just ag, drought and dinosaurs – there’s so much more to the far west.”
Winton Connect - Winton Shire Experience Winton Experience Outback Queensland, Australia22 hour(s) ago
- Beautiful Coolangatta is a million miles from the GC bustle in this lovely early morning photo by our own Bec O’Brien. She took it recently on one of her regular Saturday walk with a friend. “I’ve lived in Brissy since 2004 but had never been to Coolangatta, so she took me there one morning,” Bec says. “The walk along the foreshore was lovely and the whole area beautiful, and I also liked all the fantastic places to eat just off the beach. I took this photo to remind me of how lovely it is there, and to remind me to book a weekend away soon!”
We love sharing photos taken by our employees of a corner of SEQ which makes them smile – hope it’s brightened your Friday, too :-)
Destination Gold Coast Coolangatta1d